Thursday, July 17, 2008

Checking in From Corolla

I have not blogged in a few days, so thought I'd provide some bullet points of interesting things that have happened in the last few days.

  • I took Kristie back up to the Norfolk airport on Tuesday so she could fly back and go to class and take her exam on Thursday.

  • We stopped at Morris Market on the way to the airport to pick up some peaches. If you ever make your way to the Outer Banks, hitting Morris Market is a must. They have tons of great fresh produce and the peaches are amazing.

  • Yesterday, I ran about 5.5 miles...logging a lot of miles down here.

  • There was a "family" volleyball tournament at Corolla Light yesterday, so I went and proclaimed myself a free-agent and joined up with some other guys and formed a team. None of them had played organized volleyball, so I did my best to coach them. We made it out of the first round, but suffered an agonizing 15-13 defeat in Round 2.

  • A few of the guys I played volleyball mentioned that Wednesday night is European night at the Tomato Patch in Corolla. There are TONS of European exchange students working down here in the summer and apparently they all gather together at the "Tomatio Patch" (as they pronounce it) and get really dressed up and dance very seriously to techno music. Stephanie, Jon, and I went for a few beers and to people watch. It was really fun.

  • Today, Stephanie and Jon are leaving. They are driving to Raleigh and then flying back to Chicago.

  • There are a few fun activities planned today at Corolla Light that I'm going to try and participate in. The chipping contest takes place at the pool where there is a floating putting green with velcro. The goal is the chip the whiffle balls lined with velcro to stick to it. Also, there is a horseshoe contest as well. Tomorrow, there is a free-throw contest and a 3-on-3 Bball tourney that I'm probably going to play in.

1 comment:

Kristie Lillibridge said...

I'm so jealous. Work is a zoo and my test is tonight...