Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bathroom Project Complete!

Today, we FINISHED the basement bathroom. For the last week, each day our goal was to finish it, but we always had a few small things to do at the end of each day.

Dave came over on Tuesday night and he put up the crown molding. Then we put in the sink and toilet and finished up any other odds and ends.

Yesterday, I caulked the baseboard and crown, etc, then installed the wire shelving to the right of the shower. Today, I used all of our drywall scraps to cover up the exposed walls on the unfinished basement side and Kristie did some paint touch-ups.

It was a great experience and I take off my hat to Dave...who was awesome during the whole project. He knows how to do just about everything and if I would have attempted this project myself, I would probably still be framing it up at this point and would have cut down a small forest for the lumber I would have used! So thanks Dave...you are an awesome worker, teacher, and friend!

Below are some photos of the finished project!





















2 comments:

Kevin and Amy said...

That flooring is SPECTACULAR! The bathroom looks absolutely beautiful...now what will you guys do without that fun project to work on?!?! Anything lined up for summer? I guess there's still the basement project...and the "chasing away the wildlife" project...there always seems to be a project of some sort!

Anyway, nice job, the bathroom is gorgeous!

The Wherley Family said...

That looks awesome! now I know who to call when I have a bathroom project!!! Love, Amy