Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Kitties

I should introduce our cats, our kids, the boys, whatever you want to call them. We have Mini Me, we just call him Mini, he's the tabby and will be 9 in May. I got him from my parents farm when he was a kitten. I brought him back to Toledo with me in the summer of 99 (he peed in Jeff's truck on that trip back). I was living with Claire at the time and she had a female cat, Xena, that was a much larger version of our little Mini. So, that's where the name came from. Mini is a real sweetie, he cuddles up with us in bed and if you are on the couch, he will be right on your lap in a heartbeat. He loves to be picked up and thrown over a shoulder and ride around the house like that. I lived with Claire for about a year with him, then Jeff and I got married and moved into an apt with Mini in Michigan. We lived in the apt for a little over a year and then bought a house. Mini was thrilled with more square footage to run around in. We moved back to Ohio, had a brief stint with Jeff's parents and have now lived in our house close to three years.



We were feeling like we needed to add a family member to our brood and started looking for another kitty in the winter of 2006. We looked at various adoption centers and honestly, I was ready to take any of them home, but Jeff made me hold off. We were in Elyria one weekend at a pet store that had an adoption center and we saw this little black kitty in a cage by himself with his front legs straight out in front of him. There were dogs barking and running around and he didn't seem phased at all. When we went over to him, he reached out and touched me with his paw. That just about did it. I held him, Jeff said, "Do you want to get him?". Of course, I said yes. And that was how we got Cole. The adoption agency had called him Takoda, but we decided on Cole because he is black as coal. He's such a sweety, likes to make little noises all the time and LOVES to play. He has really become more of Jeff's cat. He always sleeps on his side of the bed and pushes on his arm really hard right before he lays down next to him. It's really cute. We really feel lucky to have found such a nice kitty. He does fairly well with visitors, depending on who they are. Cole likes to growl at my Dad, but will rub up against others. I'm not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to who he likes and who he doesn't.

We love our little boys. They are really part of the family.

1 comment:

Chemenn said...

You are too funny. I remember when you got Cole. I'm going to put your name on my blogroll.