Saturday, March 15, 2008

Unwelcome Visitors

Each evening, our cats freak out and run from window to window looking at some mysterious critters that make visits to our backyard. Sometimes it is another cat, or geese, but in most cases, it is deer.

Last night it was still about an hour before sunset and we looked out the window and four deer were about 10 feet away from our house. They are fun to watch and all, but they've taken a liking to my landscaping...especially at this time of the year because they are really, really hungry. So, it looks like I'm going to have to plant some deer-resistant plants this spring or else I think we are going to become the local deer diner!


3 comments:

thenewsmiths said...

You should buy a 50 lb. bag of corn and feed them like my mother-in-law does. It's a twice-daily event. She's even named them. One is Molly after one of our cats because the deer is also greyish.

Chemenn said...

patio is looking great!

Shan said...

I can't believe you have deer in your backyard!!! I might have to reconsider my visit...LOL